Wednesday, April 22, 2009

More Studio Calico goodies & BASB layout

When I got my kit this month I was like a kid on Christmas morning and after about 5 minutes I wanted to lose the will to live because those are so NOT my kind of colors. Than my Girl Tamrod made a comment that put the fire is my butt and my mojo was back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here are 2 layouts.

Photobucket

The second one is a special on for me, this is the last picture that I have of my Dad, it was taken on 09/16/2006 just 3 months before he lost his battle with cancer and 'till today I wish I would have taken more pictures but on my defense my Dad kept the seriousness of his cancer from me because I was 6 months pregnant with Solimar.

Photobucket
Something old: Old picture that I have been sitting on since 09/2006
Something New: New technique, I used a sewing machine WOWZA!
Something burrowed: Once again I burrowed our 5 year olds heart stamp.
Something blue: I used blue paint around my cloud.

This one was inspired by my girl LA VERNE.'s challenge at BASB.
I have one more layout inspired by Laverne but I have to have my DH blur out some faces because they do not want their kids to be on the net (I aint mad)
Make sure you go and check it out because the prize is a good one : )
Have a wonderful rest of the week, Friday is so close I can smell it!

4 comments:

Damaris said...

Oh girl, I really like how you stepped out of your comfort zone. Love what you ended up with. You did a great job. By the way, love Laverne's challenge. How cool is that?
HUGS,
Me

laverneboese said...

oh damaris, didn't u know...i'm all about the "coolness"...heehee, just kidding. Maryangella, u are just too much! what am i gonna do with u?...um, enter your name in my challenge again of course! i felt the same way about my SC kit. it's still sitting in the box...totally not my colors either, but u rawked it girl. i might need to do my challenge again...maybe take one of my old, crusty unfinished layouts and count it as the something "old". we'll see what the weekend brings :) what are u and your girls doing in september? did u see the scrapping retreat on damaris's blog? i'm going. u guys try and make it. hugs...

Sharon said...

Love the layouts. You rocked it girl!

Sasha Farina said...

what do you mean not your kind of color? you're rockin' it Girl. Love the layouts, especially the one of your dad.. *hugs*