Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Besides myself

The people have spoken and Obama has won!

As I sat in our bed with our girls sleeping having no clue that history was made today
I could not stop the happy tears from running. I never really care for politics since like
I have said many time I am a Canadian Citizens and can not vote, but this year was
different. Even though I can not vote, I got my husband to vote for the 1'st time is his
life...and he is no spring chicken if you get what I mean ;D

I now know that I can look into our daughters eye and say with no doubt what so ever
"YES! YOU CAN BE ANYTHING YOU WANT TO BE" and as a minority I now know
with no doubt that anything we dream of can be achieved in this beautiful land of opportunity.

God bless Amrica.

1 comment:

Michele H. said...

I 100% agree with you! I felt the exact same way that night and just looking at my girls, I know that anything is possible for them...and now I can really believe it!!! :) Thanks for sharing!