Monday, December 15, 2008

2 years ago today

Our beautiful Solimar joined our family.

At around 7 am as I was finishing Angejolie's layout for her school yearbook and getting ready to go to her school Christmas play... when a little voice in me told me to go to The Miami Birthing Center and get checked since these braxton hicks contractions were non stop. As I got there at 7:40 am I remember Carole (one of the greatest midwife) met me in the parking lot and asked me who had driven me there... my answer "ME" since my husband was at work. She took me inside and checked me, she said I was 5 cm dilated, so I asked her if I could go to AJ's school play and promised to be back in 2 hours since my labor with AJ was 31 hours, she told me "NO" well a few minutes later she checked me and I was 7 cm dilated so I called Roger and told him he needed to get here ASAP. Now for those of you who live in South FLA, my husband was by i75 and 595 and had to head East...that traffic in the morning is a you know what so thank God for his siren and lights because not even 1/2 an hour later I was 9 cm dilated in the tub and ready to do my thing and in came my Roger and a few minutes later came Solimar. From beginning to end it all took 1 hour and 35 minutes.


Photobucket



Photobucket


No one made it in time to see her be born since it all happened so fast. Angejolie was so disappointed because she wanted to be there to see her little come into the worl but she got to be the first one to hold her so she was happy about that.


Photobucket


I just noticed the painting in the background. what's up with that? ;D I hope they got rid of it.


Some people thought and still think we were crazy for having Solimar in at The Miami Birthing Center but truth be told it was 300 times better than my delivery at the hospital with Angejolie.

And Cherie the head midwife has delivered over 10,000 babies in the past 25 years and not only in the US but all over the world, including in countries were there was no power while she was volunteering + I had 4 AWESOME midwives with me the entire time...well... all 1 hour and 15 minutes but they were great.

Now my baby is 2, speaking her mind and keeping us on our toes, how times has flown.

Here she is playing with the Christmas lights


Photobucket

Thank you for reading this long post.

Have a wonderful week.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday Sol! I hope she has a great day! I just got back from the doctor's, we're getting more prescriptions and I'm already for bed again...I am soooo tired after the day of hell yesterday! Have fun with your cutie today!( You might think, then what are you doing on the computer??? What can I say, it relaxes me! LOL
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words :)

Jiggy Jen said...

Happy birthday SOLLYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't believe she is two already!!!