Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My hat goes off

to single moms, moms whose husbands are away protecting our country or moms whose husbands have past away. My husband has had to work 2 double 16 hour shifts which means he worked from 10 pm to 6 am and 7 am to 3 pm yesterday and today. Can I tell you all that I am SO beat and this is only from playing the single mom role for only 2 days. So I have a new found respect for the moms out there who do it every day, over and over and over again.

So I did this layout for a girlfriend

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

can I just say that I SO SCRAPLIFTED IT from http://michouscrap.canalblog.com/ on her September 7 post. As soon as I saw her layout I fell in love with it and I knew it was perfect for the picture. And best believe that I will use it to do one for our girls, actually, I almost took off the picture and added my own picture but the little angel on my right shoulder told me NOT to.
My girl La Verne once said to me, "just because you use someones layout as inspiration does NOT mean that your layout is not yours" so I will go with that. The pictures do not really show the 3 different papers I used in the center. I left the top part blank so that they can journal a little something and as for the little crown, it can come off if Daddy does not like it. It was a lot of fun to do and my girlfriend loved it and was very grateful. Kinda feels good to do something nice for someone ;D

Anyhow, I am off to scrap since it's nice and quiet for a change because Hurricane Solimar as my girl Tamrod likes to call her and Tropical Storm Angejolie are sound asleep. Have a great night.

5 comments:

leah said...

Very nice! :)

Just letting you know, if you read the little article I wrote that's linked up in the blog post, it explains a little about hybrid scrapping. Hybrid just means that part of the layout is first created digitally, and then part is traditionally scrapped. That means you need to having a working knowledge of the digi end to start. ;)

Michèle said...

i love your page !!!! and this photo is really precious !!!
xo
Michou

Damaris said...

You are absolutely right about those moms flying solo!!! I absolutely love your layout. I will so be scraplifting it...just so you know...LOL...by the way, you too are more than welcome to drop by any time and I will teach you all I know about the cricut. I spent a lovely afternoon with Sharon yeserday. It's fun when you learn to use different techniques with a gadget that you have...drop me a line and let me know when you want to swing on by.(scrapbookdui@aol.com)
HUGS

Anne-Marie said...

Wonderful layout girl. Thanks for sharing! :)

Cheryl KVD said...

Such a beautiful layout!!! The details are amazing!!!